Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A "Step" Backward

By yesterday evening, I had gotten my pain down to relatively manageable 7 or so. Then, last night while doing my exercises - straight leg lifts, the most unpleasant of them to be precise - my leg suffered some sort of catastrophic failure. At first, it simply stopped responding to my commands, in that when I attempted the third set of lifts my leg just would not go up no matter how hard I tried. Or in fact, do anything at all that I tried to get it to do. Eventually, I painfully managed to force my leg up and did the rest of the lifts. By the end, however, I was in so much pain that it felt like my leg had burst (like that runner's muscles in The Animatrix). Even after taking an extra percocet, the pain did not subside. Even today, over 12 hours later, and after taking a vicodin, the pain has not subsided.

I should not have pushed myself, and tried that last rep.

In other news, I got a letter from my lawyer. Well, I say "my lawyer." It appears that their office no longer believes my case is winnable, not because I have a bad case - no, in fact, they think my case is quite good - but because of the other logistic aspects. My wife makes too much money, and I've been out of work so long that I have no more credits built up. So it looks like I need to find a new lawyer. Again.

Awesome.


Right now my bipolar is Oddly Level, considering.

Right now my pain level is 8.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment