Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hurry Up And Wait

On Friday, I got a letter from Social Security. The date of my hearing is November 6. Three days after my knee surgery. Like I've said in another forum, I honestly can't tell which is the more fun prospect - Having to show up for the hearing in the wheelchair because I just got the surgery, trying to argue that despite the surgery I'm still disabled because my mental illnesses are the reason I'm here anyway, or trying to do all this on heavy painkillers.

Though it turns out this conundrum is more a philosophical debate, as my wife suggested that I push back the hearing because of the surgery, and my lawyer said there is no way I'm going to court that day. Both because of the surgery and so he can work on the case.

So, I've been waiting since (I want to say I got the letter saying I was on the docket in...February? Really, February? Ok) February for my hearing date, and now that I finally have one I'm going to ask to shuffled to the bottom the list again. At this rate I'm never getting Social Security.


Right now my bipolar is Slightly Depressive.
Right now my pain level is 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment